User login

I'm using the membership plugin as well as the blogsmu theme and the friends plugin and buddy press. What's the best way to have user signin/signup. I don't want my users to have to signup through a wordpress account if possible.

• airrunbob
    • Flash Drive

I guess my real question regards the login process in general. I you look at my site, you are allowed to login in the upper right corner. It takes you to a login screen where you can either login or create a new account. But create a new account link just takes you back to the homepage. Does anyone know why this would be?

Then if you'd look up in the left corner of the site, theirs another place to login. But this login link takes you to a wordpress login. I don't even want that to be there... unless someone can give me a reason as to why thats a beneficial link?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi airrunbob,

I believe you might just need to enable site registrations on your site. To do this, simply navigate to Settings > General and look for the Membership option. You'll want to check the box that reads "Anyone can register".

Could you let me know if that works for you?

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.