User not being added to site after posting Q&A question/answer and registration

Is this behaviour normal in a multisite install wiith Q&A plugin:

After a visitor posts a question/answer on a subdomain they are directed to a registeration page on the root domain. After going through the registration process they are redirected to the home page of the root domain and are not added as users to the subdomain on which they posted the question.

I want visitors who post a question to regsiter and become users of the domain in which they posted the question and to remain on the subdomain, ideally being redirected to their question/answer.

Thoughts? :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings lee_monik,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I think that Join My Multisite plugin will do the job for you when configured to just allow the users access to the sub site and provides for sub site registrations.

I do not know if it will do the redirects to that site or not automatically but if they register there then they should be able to log in there as well.

Let me know how it goes and if it does not work as anticipated let me know and please advise in detail what part does not work while posting and marking this ticket as not resolved below.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• lee_monik
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks Joe. That helped. Using the shortcode users can now register for the site they are visiting.

Visitors are still directed to the root domain sign-up page when pressing the "Register/Login and Submit" button after asking a question.

Could you suggest how to tweak the plugins php so users are redirected to a page on the subdomain instead?

I could then have the per site registration shortcode on the this page.

Cheers

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings lee_monik,

Thank you for the update and perhaps I have something that will work the login how I think you want.

Below if a plugin from my personally created plugins that after they log in it sends them to their applicable sub site.

Let me know how it goes or did I misunderstand what you wanted to do?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.