User not removed from overview of users on my site

Hey,

I have an issue where in my user overview it says I have a participant, but it does not show an user, can you help me identify the issue?

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Bilberg,

hope you’re doing good!

Is this “participant” user role not used anymore from your active plugins? Or is this one of the default WP user roles? Please advise!

If this role isn’t needed anymore, we can delete it.

Here’s a how-to blog post https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/wordpress-delete-user-roles/

In case I’m missing something here, please consider to further elaborate with me and grant support access to your website as described here, so I could further analyze. :slight_smile:

Warm regards,

Dimitris

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Morten,

Did you use bbPress before on your site because this role comes from that plugin?

Can you try installing bbPress again and then on your All user list check if there’s user with participant role, if there is remove the role, remove the plugin and see if it still shows after that.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Morten,

I had another look at your site now and I see that it’s showing that you have 4 participants but only 3 are listed there, so there’s still that one hidden somewhere.

I would suggest searching through your database for “participant” and you should see results inside wp_usermeta table and there it should show you all your users with this forum role assigned.

Please make sure to have full backup of your database before making any changes.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Morten!

The “wp_usermeta” is a table in the database and my colleague suggested searching your WordPress database directly. Are you familiar with how database works and how to use phpMyAdmin?

If yes, access the database used by WordPress with phpMyAdmin and you should there see the list of tables with “wp_usermeta” among them.

If you don’t feel confident with using accessing your database, I can check that for you. In such case you I would need to get direct access so if you wish me to assist you with this, please send in:

Subject: “Attn: Adam Czajczyk”

– Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Adam Czajczyk

– Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.

– Link back to this thread

– login URL and admin account login credentials (may be a temporary admin account) data

– Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)

– Include hosting control panel access details (login address, username & password) – cPanel’s usually the control panel used for this, but your provider may use something else; I’ll need this for accessing your site’s database, preferably via phpMyAdmin

– Include any relevant URLs for your site

Please use our contact form here http://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select “I have a different question” from the drop-down list. 

Please be sure to make a full backup of your entire site first!

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.