User permissions: edit existing elements only

Hi! Upfront Builder is really cool!

So I am attempting to figure out how to give my subdomain creators access to the specific elements I have created on the Upfront theme allotted to them. I want them to be able to:

1. Change the header picture (but keep the same element dimensions)

2. Modify the text in the provided text box (but not remove or change the element otherwise)

I see User Permissions allows them to either modify pages or not, and delineates between the front page and other pages. But I don’t see an option to cover the points I have expressed. If there is no User Permissions option, is there some CSS shortcode I could place in the box to make it’s contents directly editable?

Thank you!

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Fox Wilde ,

Hope you’re doing well today!

Unfortunately, this is not possible. I think the closest option availbale in the “User Restrictions” is “Can Modify Upfront Layouts”.

If you disable this option, users will only be able to edit the element content, but not remove or move it, but, this is global restriction to all elements not to a specific one.

However, I think this would be a great feature to the Upfront project, so, I’ve just moved this over to our Features and Feedback section, so it can be taken into consideration for the next plugin updates.

Hopefully some other members will show their support for the feature too, the more members that ask for it the sooner it will happen.

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.