User profile data missing and edit link not working.

Hello,

Thank you for the very great support I’ve received on previous questions. Here are a few more I have:

1) The user profile data seems to be lost on the qa user profile page. For example, the gravatar changes to mystery man, the name = blank, the member for reads “member for 46 years” [sic], and the website is blank (though the wp_user data for the user I’m looking at is visible on my dashboard)

2) Under each question and answer post written by the author, there is a “link|edit|delete|report” menu. “delete” and “report” work fine, but “edit” goes to a page that is “Not Found” for all questions and answers I have tried. The “link” link seems to do nothing.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @curtis

I hope you’re well today!

I’ve installed buddypress and the Q&A user profile now seems to be working correctly.

Indeed, the Q&A data displays just fine in the BuddyPress user profile.

Any updates on the broken “edit” question/answer link?

I have not heard back from the developer on these issues yet. But I just sent him a reminder that they are still outstanding.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @curtis

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I just checked with developer and its in his to do list. It will be added in next version of this plugin. I am afraid we can publish exact ETA here due to delays because of technical issues, but it will be soon.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Curtis
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi,

Any updates about the broken “edit” question feature? This is turning out to be a pretty significant bug.

If this “delay” is related to the release of the new version of this plugin, is it possible to ask for a fix for the “edit” problem by itself ahead of this new version? It’s been enough time since I asked this last to wonder if it will ever get fixed.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @curtis

Hope you are doing good today and I am sorry for delay on this thread.

After further digging into this issue, I figured that’esc_url_raw’ was removing the brackets from URL. This is WordPress bug and has already been reported in this ticket.

https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24663

I have updated the bug report and notified plugin developer about this issue and they will update it accordingly.

Meanwhile you can fix this issue by following steps below.

1. Go to wp-content/plugins/qa/core/ and download core.php.

2. Open up in a code editor and find below code.

$result = esc_url_raw(add_query_arg( $args, 'index.php' ));

3. Ad replace it with this one.

$result = add_query_arg( $args, 'index.php' );

4. Save changes and upload back to the server.

Cheers, Sajid

• Curtis
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Sajid,

Yes, Thanks! That worked!

I’m noticing the following bug now (Can you confirm you see this as well?)

When the author of an answer clicks ‘edit’ on their answer, they are redirected to a page that says:

Answer for: XXXXXX

A text area filled with the answer the author wishes to edit.

A submit button

The bug I’m seeing is XXXXX is a link to the parent question for that answer, but the text of that link is not the title of the parent question, but the content of the author’s answer.

Thanks for the previous fixes, that’s a relief.

Best,

Curtis

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @curtis

Thanks for confirming that it works for you.

Please start separate thread for this issue and we will take a closer look. Feel free to tag me (@Sajid) in new thread.

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @raison-online,

Ooops… it appears this patch got missed by the developer to be added in the plugin core. Thanks for pointing it out, I am flagging developer again so we can make it part of core.

Thanks again and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.