User Registration Confirmation emails not working

All seems well when I try to register as a new user but no confirmation email arrives.

I have tried several settings such as : Allow user Registration and still don't receive the confirmation email.

However if I try to register with the same email it says that email is already in use.

I removed buddy press and am now just down to Marketpress.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Cheri Faline

• Cheri
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Yes, of course!

They simply are not arriving.

I am not even seeing new users in the admin area.

I am trying to fix this. Can't figure it out. I have removed all extra plugins including all buddypress and am now down to just the basic with marketpress.

My site is:
    http://sdmerchants.com

If you would like to try to register and see if you receive a confirmation email that would be great.

Thanks!
    Cheri

• Cheri

Hi Ari,

I just tried using Easy Wordpress SMTP Plugin as seen in another thread and even that doesn't work.

My frustration level is growing because I have worked steady on this site now for 4 days and had numerous problems that don't seem to get resolved such as:

Can't get ProSites to work,
    Can't get a simple user registration to work.

Jumped through hoops to get the paypal chained payments to finally work etc.

The big thing for me is that I upgraded to Gold for the extra support and while I do get some replys here I sent in a couple of tickets asking for someone to really assist me and have not gotten a reply back from those emails.

I need to resolve the issues I am having so I can get this site moving forward and really need someone to stay with me and help me get at least the basics working.

I have numerous wordpress sites so am familiar with wordpress.

But I have never had a problem with user registrations on any of them.

Please help me!

Thanks
    Cheri

• Cheri

Okay Ari

I fixed it! I went to the Admin and deleted all plugins except the bare minimum and now it is working.

So there must have been a conflict somewhere.

Now I am really wanting to reinstall ProSites. I want this to be a main source of revenue yet each time I try to get it going the upgrade page doesn't work.

I have permanently deleted all past upgrade pages.

The problem seemed to be when you clicked on the upgrade panels it linked to
    a page that wasn't found anywhere.

I will start this again and see if I can get it to work.

Please keep my login details handy!

Marking this problem resolved.

Thanks
    Cheri

I'll start a new thread about ProSites if I hit a snag!

• aristath
    • Recruit

If you're starting the site over, I would advise you NOT to use an automated installer script such as scriptaculous or similar things that various hosting companies include on their cPanels... Instead go for a manual installation. After all it's pretty simple and takes no more than 5 minutes. In the long run it can save you a lot of trouble!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.