User Registration plugin with modal capability

Here's what I would like to do: when users click the menu link "Appointments", I want them to be taken to the Appointments page (which uses the Appointments+ plugin). but I would like a modal dialog displayed over the appointments content. The modal will display a Login/ Register/ Forgotten Password form. Once the user has signed in or registered through the modal window, then it closes and displays the appointment content of the page.

Do you have a user registration plugin that has this capability?

• Ash

Hello @Frank

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

This is not possible out of the box. To do so, it will need a fair amount of custom code to customize the plugin. Also, if you need to customise this then you can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/ Please note that, no WPMU official staffs are allowed to work in the job board.

For now, what you can is to set Login required to "Yes" and check the box for "Accept login from front end" from Appointments > Settings > Accessibility Settings. Then the system won't allow any booking from visitors.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Frank

Thanks for the quick reply, Ash.

I think I can live with the menu link leading to a Sign-in/Registration page, which then redirects users to the Appointments page on successful sign-in. But I now know that the client wants users to register with the website before making appointments, so that would mean WordPress user registration (but without actually sending people to the WordPress login page - it would have to be done in the background.) The client doesn't want 3rd party sign-in involved (Facebook, etc.) because of privacy issues (it's a healthcare-related business). The devil is in the details. :wink:

• Ash

Hello @Frank

I hope you are well today.

so that would mean WordPress user registration (but without actually sending people to the WordPress login page - it would have to be done in the background.)

I am afraid, currently the plugin uses standard WordPress registration process. Otherwise, you have to use custom code to change the process.

The client doesn't want 3rd party sign-in involved (Facebook, etc.) because of privacy issues

Well, when you will facebook or google or any social integration for login/registration, there is nothing being shared on those social sites. It just the registration process is done using the information you have in that social site. For example, if in facebook your email is abc@gmail.com then if you register in that site using facebook button, the system will take abc@yahoo.com as your email address. Same for username as well.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.