User Reports not showing reports of Custom Post Type Posts

I'm trying to get the User Reports plugin to display reports for three custom posts types I've built. Post Indexer is properly indexing them, but there's no option within User Reports to view them.

• Dimitris

Hello Michael Dixon,

hope you're doing good and thanks for joining us! :slight_smile:

I just tried to replicate this and I had actually the same results. My custom posts coming from CoursePress plugin were being indexed successfully through Post Indexer plugin, but User Reports could only fetch normal posts. I also double checked that with another colleague of mine and confirmed that this is the way it's supposed to work either way!

As this could be really handy though, I've already moved this thread to our Features & Feedback section for further engagement from other members and consideration from behalf of our developers and growth team. :slight_smile:

I've already contacted plugin's lead dev to provide some more info (if any) about this. As he seems to be offline currently, I'm going to keep you posted here as soon as I've got some valuable feedback!

Take care,
    Dimitris

• Michael Dixon

Thanks for the clarification, Dimitris! Just for future reference, it's this line from the User Reports version 1.0.2 changelog that made me think this was possible, although perhaps not with my configuration: "When using local blog tables all post types are supported not just Posts."

I appreciate any future development on this; we have faculty who are using custom post types and would love to easily track student participation using User Reports.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Michael,

That part of 1.0.2 changelog is related to other change in the plugin, this one:

- Modified reporting to allow install on single WordPress installation or on Multisite where Post Indexer and Comment Indexer plugins are not installed. In those cases User Reports will use local blog tables.

This is about single installations and use on subsite without Post Indexer, so in those cases it will use local tables and support custom post type.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.