User Role Editor/Membership Can either of these stop users being able to post new pages or posts?

Hi

Javi has been trying to help me just now to stop my multisite users from creating new posts or pages on their sub sites, using User Role Editor. His theory was if the edit_posts/edit_pages capabilities were unticked, those users should not have the ability to post new posts or pages, but it doesn’t work. Are we using the right capability?

If I don’t find a way to stop this, I am going to have a huge policing problem on my hands stopping users from littering their sites up with junk. I only really ever wanted them to have access to a store to post their products.

He also wondered whether membership could be used someone to control this? I already have that installed, so am interested in any suggestions.

Many thanks

Sally

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Sally,

Hope you’re well today and thanks for your questions.

The users will need that capability to be able to add new products, but you are using Easy Blogging correct?

if that is the case, we could simply remove the add new page and add new post menu items, if that would work for you?

Thanks!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• Sally
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi @jack Kitterhing

Yes I am using easy blogging, I have most of the menu items removed, but the problem is there is still an option there for users to exit easy mode in the left hand menu. I can’t seem to find a way to get rid of this, so anyone can go to the advanced dashboard and add a load of posts/pages to their site.

I have all users set to be forced to use easy mode, except for administrator, and I’ve managed to remove the top right ‘exit easy mode’ button, but the one on the left still appears. Is there a way to get rid of this?

Someone suggested also adding administrators to be forced to use easy mode (the only one which isnt currently), but I’m concerned that then even i will be locked out of advanced mode…

Thanks

Sally

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.