user role for post creation

The users on my site are all subscribers but are able to create posts as I understand it they should only be able to read posts. I did have the membership plugin but was having problems with it and the classified plugin so I've deactivated and deleted the membership plugin. Since then I've also deleted the classifieds because we're not using them anymore. But shouldn't the default WordPress subscriber role now default to just read since the membership plugin has been deleted?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings jannon,

Just short of needing to redo the entire network or rummaging through the entire database to find what and where the things that were not reverted back when you folks uninstalled or deactivated the applicable plugin - I would personally try using the User Role Editor plugin to get things set to exactly how I want them.

Keep me posted on how this works out for you.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings jannon,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.