User select language front end

Hi,

Is it possible to put a drop down in the front-end for people who are browsing the site to select which language they would like the site to be seen on?

• Patrick

Hi there @Asif Imtiaz

I hope you're well today!

If you are asking if that is possible with our Languages for WordPress plugin, I'm afraid the answer is no. That's because that plugin is simply a collection of files with translations for the default WordPress text strings that appear mainly in your site admin. It cannot translate your site content.

If you need a solution to enable your users to easily switch the language on the frontend of your site, and be able to view your site content in the language of their choice, your going to need something more robust.

There are a few good options however. You can do things simply by using a free plugin such as qTranslate or Transposh, or really dig in and use something like WPML to create a fully internationalized experience for your users.

We did a series of articles on our blog a while ago that you will likely find quite enlightening, starting with this one:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/top-6-translation-plugins-for-your-wordpress-site/

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.