User Snychronization 502 Bad Gateway

Hello my friends,

I've installed User Synchronization on a multisite.

I added one subsite.

In the main site I activated the plugin and told it to be the master site.

In the subsite I activated the plugin and told it to be the subsite. I entered the URL of Master site and the Security Key, from the main site.

When I click the "Connect" button the page sits and spins and eventually returns a 502 Bad Gateway error.

I couldn't find an answer here searching for User Snychronization 502 Bad Gateway.

But on Google a 502 bad gateway search gives me...

https://www.google.com/search?q=502+Bad+Gateway&rlz=1C1JRYI_enUA527UA527&aq=f&oq=502+Bad+Gateway&aqs=chrome.0.57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

...and, "The 502 Bad Gateway error means that two different servers involved in loading a web page (or other task) are not able to communicate properly."

Any hints will be super! :slight_smile:

Thank you,

Chris

• anotheropus

Hey Jack, and friends,

Sorry I missed this earlier.

I understand that WPMU DEV members have access to all plugins.

What I'm suggesting to WPMU DEV is to allow us to filter plugins based on the installation and features we have.

Some plugins require multisite.

Some will NOT work on multisites (e.g. User Sync).

Others require BuddyPress.

etc.

It would be useful for WPMU DEV members to NOT see plugins which are NOT available for the installation they are on when they are looking at plugins.

The user interface could be as simple as an on/off switch:

( ) Show ONLY Plugins Which Work for This Site?
    (x) Show ALL Plugins.

The Plugin panel/page in the dashboard already has the code in it to know if the plugins will or will not work on an installation (all though this is inconsistent and sometimes unclear).

For instance if I do not have BuddyPress installed on a given installation, then the plugins panel/page will indicate "Requires BuddyPress" on the relevant plugins in the page.

So I'm asking for WPMU DEV to make member lives one step easier each day by giving us the ability to switch off plugins which do not apply to the installation we are using to look at the plugins list from.

The plugins page is impressive and long--in fact its so long it's not useful for quickly finding a plugin so we need to use the search.

But when we're browsing the plugins it would be nice to NOT see plugins which do not apply.

Alternatively, skip the switch idea altogether and just dramatically gray out the plugins which do not apply so that they REALLY appear as not available (using traditional disabled gray text AND images), with a simple note at the bottom such as "Requires BuddyPress." Right now the plugin panel/page makes it seem that all the plugins on the page are available--at a glance.

Thank you for the consideration and making our lives easier, faster, and more productive.

Warmest,

Chris