[User Sync] Can't setup user synchronisation

I'm trying to setup user synchronisation on my sites, but I get the message "There was a connection problem. Please check the URL and Key of the Master site." when I try to run the sync. Can you please help me with this?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Rich

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I tried to check the sites but while I could access SFTP and the "master" site, the support access for the sub-site doesn't let me in (I'm getting redirected to the login form anyway) and, unfortunately, user and password that you shared during the chat is also rejected.

Could you please share the valid/working admin-level user and password to the sub-site with me then?

Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.
    Instead, you can send me your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"
    - Sub-site login URL
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - Link back to this thread for reference

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Rich,

Apologies for the delay here.

I was doing some additional tests on your site and applied a beta version that's prepared for a similar problem, but the issue was still there I'm afraid.

I then tested it further by using one of my test sites and I was unable to connect that site to your master site, however, when I switched my test site to master site and tried connecting subsite with it I had no issues and the connection and sync both worked right away.

It seems that there's something specific on your master site that is blocking the connection from other sites.
    It could be one of the plugins installed so I would suggest performing a full conflict test by disabling all the other plugins and switching to default WP theme to see if it can connect after that.

If that doesn't return any results you should get in touch with your hosting provider so they can check the server logs and see if there's anything blocking outside connections.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.