User Sync debug mode

I am trying to sync between this site and a sub site and getting sync errors. I have enabled debug in the sub site but can't see anywhere to do the same on the Master.

• Sajid

Hello Steve,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

You can only enable debug mode when you make a site master or slave. Once you have this configured you can not do that.

So, now what you can do is click on Uninstall Options button on master site User Synchronisation page.

Now, before making it master, check Use Debug Mode option.

What errors you are getting while trying to synch ? Also, could you please enable support staff access so I could take a closer look.

To grant access go to WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Support Access or see this manual for more details regarding how to enable support staff access.

Take care and happy new year :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Steve

Looking at the User lists for both sites I can see that some (maybe all) of the sync has been done. However, there is an issue in that there are users who existed on both sites but with different Usernames i.e. same email address. After the sync I have two users in the sub site; the original and a new one with no email address. Would this be seen as a 'sync error'?
    Also, some of the users in Master had a role of 'customer' and this has been created in the sub site as 'None'.

• Sajid

Hello Steve,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

After the sync I have two users in the sub site; the original and a new one with no email address. Would this be seen as a 'sync error'?

Yes, I could replicate this issue on my own test sites too. In my test, the good thing is, it does not delete the existing same user email. It just creates a new user with different username and with no email.

This sounds like a bug. I am marking it as confirmed bug and notifying the developer so it could be patched up in new version of the plugin. Please keep an eye on this thread for updates.

Also, some of the users in Master had a role of 'customer' and this has been created in the sub site as 'None'.

That seems to be a custom user role that does not exists on your slave site. Make sure you create/register customer user role with same capabilities on your slave site too.

If you are not sure how did you created the user role on your master site then you can do this on slave site by following this article.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid