User Sync did not sync Administrators and Authors

User Sync did not sync Administrators and Authors

Exported from http://okobserver.net
Imported to http://mrrwebdev01.org

• Robert

Here is the error in the CGI error log we're receiving when trying to sync from okobserver.net to mrrwebdev01.org:
    ---
    20160626T085053: mrrwebdev01.org/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php
    PHP Notice: Undefined index: debug_mode in /hermes/bosnaweb14a/b1855/ipg.mrrogersweborhoodcom/mrrwebdev01/wp-content/plugins/user-sync/user-sync.php on line 160
    PHP Notice: Undefined index: debug_mode in /hermes/bosnaweb14a/b1855/ipg.mrrogersweborhoodcom/mrrwebdev01/wp-content/plugins/user-sync/user-sync.php on line 160
    PHP Notice: Undefined ind
    ---
    Before turning debug on, there were no errors, but the process never completed successfully. Authors are still not being synced.

Please see attached screenshot.

Support access is on for both websites.

Thanks.

• Nithin

Hi Robert,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I tested your website, a sync to one of my test site, and I'm getting a sync error, I would like to preform more test, inorder to rule out what is causing the sync to have issues.

Could you please send us your credentials so that we can have a closer look?

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: http://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select “I have a different question” for your topic.

- To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas
    -WordPress admin username for both websites
    -WordPress admin password for both websites
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password) for both website
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi Nithin,

I have gone through both of your website, and it seems like the issue is more to do with sync not able to complete the process. Could you please try increasing your memory_limit, and max_execution_time to a higher value, in both of your websites. And check whether it makes, any difference.

I tried to change these values, but I'm getting a 500 internal error. It seems like you'll have to contact your host, in order to increase these values.

Please let us know how that goes. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Robert

Hi.
    I checked with our web hosting provider, iPage. They indicate we are at our memory limit. Here is their response:
    ---
    Chat ID: 28186078 Initial Question: >>>> Existing Customer <<<< | Category: Technical Assistance | Sub-Category: Domain Issues | Domain: okobserver.net
    2:03:23 PM Shruthi S Hi Bob. My name is Shruthi. How are you today?
    2:04:02 PM Bob Rogers Doing well, thanks.
    2:04:05 PM Bob Rogers Good afternoon. Two websites involved: okobserver.net and mrrwebdev01.org. We're having a problem running a plugin called 'usersync'. It keeps timing out. Here is the comment from the plugin developer: --- I have gone through both of your website, and it seems like the issue is more to do with sync not able to complete the process. Could you please try increasing your memory_limit, and max_execution_time to a higher value, in both of your websites. And check whether it makes, any difference. I tried to change these values, but I'm getting a 500 internal error. It seems like you'll have to contact your host, in order to increase these values. --- Error is: There was a sync problem. Debug Mode is activated. --- Can you please assist?
    2:04:51 PM Shruthi S Okay. Let me check this for you.
    2:08:28 PM Shruthi S I have checked your account and the memory limit and max_execution_time is already set to its higher value.
    2:08:51 PM Bob Rogers Is that the highest we can go?
    2:09:33 PM Shruthi S Yes. It is already set to the highest value.
    2:09:51 PM Bob Rogers Ok. thanks for your time. That's all for now
    2:10:00 PM Shruthi S You're welcome!
    2:10:04 PM Shruthi S Thank you for chatting with us. Please feel free to contact us at any time. We are available 24x7.
    2:10:31 PM Shruthi S Bye! Take care!
    ---
    Any other ideas?
    Thanks again.

• Nithin

Hi Robert,

For your master site, memory is set to 256M, and max_execution_time is 120. These values does affect when we have high number of users to sync. I'll have to ping the developer, and will ask to give a look regarding this. And if possible, provide a quick workaround. Please do note that the developers work round the clock, and have slow response time. Either myself, or the developer will keep your updated.

Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi Robert,

I got a response from the developer, you could try re-syncing it manually by clicking the Sync all sites now button. Which I did give a try, but would recommend you to check, and see whether it makes a difference.

The main issue is still related to max_execution_time though, and increasing it should help get sync complete the process. Other that than, I'm afraid there isn't much we could do regarding this.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin