User Sync not syncing additional capabilities

- User Sync not syncing additional User roles that are added with User Roles editor plugin.

- Custom user roles, created with User Roles editor are not synching

Also please advise:
- What and how are syncs triggered? Obviously, re-syncing manually will be a pain.
- Why might my custom user roles not be picked up, as the default wp user roles work okay?

• Matt Boden

Hi Maniu

Thanks for your message.

I had setup the the custom user roles on both sites (e.g. "member"). Do the capabilities of that user role need to be identical on both sites, or just the name?

I'd noticed that with the custom role on the primary role was being synced. So if a user paid for a subscription product for example (with an offline payment gateway) they would first be given the user role of 'customer' and then when their product payment cleared and subscription confirmed, they also got the role of 'member'. The 'member' role was not syncing.

I then changed it so that i was only using out-the-box wordpress user roles. So as above, but instead of 'member' i switched it to 'author'. As a result both user roles were being synced.

However, this wasn't true of all users. Some users on the master website were not being synced to the slave. It seemed there was no obvious identifier as to why that was the case. It certainly didn't seem to be user role based, and they didn't have products, just a user with a single 'subscriber' user role.

I'm happy to setup some testing, or troubleshooting to try and isolate the problem, but unsure how best to begin.

• Matt Boden

Hi maniu

Whats the process for checking the plugin to ensure it does trigger?

Our process is as follows;

1. User buys a subscription product (via woocommerce subscriptions)

2. On buying a woocommerce product all users receive a "customer' role (primary) and additionally either;

- a 'Member' role if it's an automatic payment gateway (stripe)

- a 'Subscriber' role if it's an off-line payment gateway

3. For those who get a 'subscriber' role, once payment is made we change the order to completed to their role switches to 'member'

4. Any future failed payments or cancellations of a subscription will result in a users status reverting to 'subscriber

That's a number of trihgers that need to fire. Nothing in the plugin suggested it may or maynot work.

To date the level of effort on the part of WPMU Dev to properly review, test and recommend a fix has been woeful.

I assumed you were a premoum, reputable company but left feeling the complete opposite is true.

This an outstanding ticket which has been dormant for 2 weeks with little effort made to fix.

I'd appreciate a proper and full email outlining the steps to resolve the bugs in the plugin.

• Nastia

Hello Matt Boden

Hope you're doing well!

I apologize for the late reply.

We tested the issue from our with latest plugin versions end and can no longer replicate it. Please let us know, have you created a testing environment where the synchronization is failing? If not, please create a sandbox environment and sent to us your credentials so we could troubleshoot this issue.

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form

Subject: “Attn: Nastia”
    For site #1 and site #2
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - Login URL
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs

We are waiting for your reply.

Kind regards,