User Sync plugin

Hi

I'm running a website for golfers that currently has two functions that require user sign ups.

One is for golf lessons and the other is for affiliates. I need to also add a membership but I'm concerned about too many plugins / registration combinations on one site.

Would the user syncronization plugin allow me to build a separate membership wp site and link the users from the golf site?

Does the plugin actually copy the user info across to the new site and if so does it copy complete user profile info or just user names and passwords?

Cheers

Darron

• Paul Barthmaier

Hi there and welcome to the WPMUdev Support Community!

Interesting scenario! The answer is, yes, about the complete profile. It's not just about usernames and passwords. If you don't have the same plugins, for example, the data for the plugin will still be stored in the database, unused.

But back to the reason you were thinking about this, I think it would be worth trying to accomplish on one site first. I don't think you have to worry about our membership plugin, its size or having too many plugins in general. As you described it, you shouldn't need too many and it would certainly be easier to manage with just one.

Let me know your thoughts. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Paul

• PC

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.