User Sync Plugin Fails to Sync

Trying to sync between 2 sites. Both are dev sites so no harm, no foul when something goes wrong. Both sites are at WordPress 4.5.3.

Master site: https://lmh.sitegeeks.us
Sub site: https://lmhp.sitegeeks.us

Tried to initialize the User Sync from the Master Site, failed with the helpful message that the User Sync failed. Tried from the Sub Site. Same error message. After failing to sync from either site (Master or Sub), I turned on Debug Mode. Started the Sync again from the Subsite. Got these error messages on screen:

Warning: fopen(/home/gowithme/public_html/lmhp/wp-content/plugins/user-sync/log/errors_s.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/gowithme/public_html/lmhp/wp-content/plugins/user-sync/user-sync.php on line 169

Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/gowithme/public_html/lmhp/wp-content/plugins/user-sync/user-sync.php on line 171

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/gowithme/public_html/lmhp/wp-content/plugins/user-sync/user-sync.php on line 172

Warning: fopen(/home/gowithme/public_html/lmhp/wp-content/plugins/user-sync/log/errors_s.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/gowithme/public_html/lmhp/wp-content/plugins/user-sync/user-sync.php on line 169

Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/gowithme/public_html/lmhp/wp-content/plugins/user-sync/user-sync.php on line 171

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/gowithme/public_html/lmhp/wp-content/plugins/user-sync/user-sync.php on line 172

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/gowithme/public_html/lmhp/wp-content/plugins/user-sync/user-sync.php:169) in /home/gowithme/public_html/lmhp/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1167

No log files were created on either site.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello patricia_dumond

Hope you are well today and won't mind me chiming here. :slight_smile:

Now let's conduct few more tests to be sure that its not issue with your installation of plugin.

#1) Download latest zip from here,
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-user-synchronization/

#2) Deactivate Use Sync plugin from Plugins > Installed Plugins > User Sync
    #3) Replace user-sync folder in wp-content/plugins/ directory with the one in downloaded zip
    #4) Go to Plugins > Installed Plugins > User Sync and activate it.

If this does not help you with errors and warning then can you try after adding this line in your wp-config.php file ( at the end of the file )

error_reporting( 0 );

Look forward to hearing back. :slight_smile:
    Best Regards,
    Milan

• patricia_dumond
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

This is turning into more trouble than it was worth. I tried to post a detailed description of my troubleshooting steps, including deactivating the plugins on both sites and then copying the current files over by FTP, but the post failed. I'll try this one more time.

Suffice it to say that it didn't work. Some users were synced before I got the wall of errors this time, but only about 150 of 2150... That won't work and if the User Sync plugin won't work in my configuration, I can't use it. I didn't promise the client it would work, so he won't be "mad", only disappointed. I have a way to offer new and existing users on the "master" site an opportunity to register for the "sub-site", so that should make him happy enough.

Thanks for your efforts.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.