User Sync plugin not syncing between master and sub sites

Hi there,

I've just purchased your plugin, but it's not working for me out the box.

My setup is 2 websites and share a single database. There is no sharing of user tables, so both run using a different table_prefix.

I've checked the forums but nothing is popping up with my specific problem. What's compounding the issue is that with the debug mode activated, there is no log folder / error.log.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Rupok

Hi Matt Boden

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I just tried to regenerate the issue on two of my test sites, but users are syncing absolutely fine on my sites. Could you run a plugin conflict test just to make sure no other plugin is causing this? To know more about plugin conflict test, you can check this article: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Are you trying on localhost or live server? Would you mind allowing Support Access to both the sites so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

My setup is 2 websites and share a single database

Using a single database for two sites should not be an issue as far as I'm concerned.

with the debug mode activated, there is no log folder / error.log

Basically there are two types of debug. One is for WordPress native debug and another is "Debug Mode" for this specific plugin. Which one did you activate? If you activate "Debug Mode" for this plugin, then log files should be here "/plugins/user-sync/log/error.log". I assume you turned on this, but still, can you confirm?

Can you please send me message with server access credentials through our secure contact form here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ so I can make some tests for resolving this issue?

Subject: "Attn: Rupok"
    - Hosting Control Panel Username
    - Hosting Control Panel Password
    - Hosting Control Panel Login URL
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs

Select "I have a different question" for your topic. This and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi Matt Boden

Thanks for sending details. I've just investigated the issue further. From your details, I found that you are using subdomains on a single domain for both of your sites. Can you please try from two different main domains (not subdomains)? I'm not exactly sure if this is the reason, but chances are very high.

I'm also flagging our developer for his valuable opinion on this because he can give us best idea. Please keep in mind, our developers are busy and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to reply here.

I enabled debug log on your sub site. Seems like there was permission issue, so I created a log folder, and now errors are being logged. I've send log data to our developers.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Matt Boden

Hi Rupok,

I've tried to connect with a different domain (on a different server) and still getting the same error message;

"There was a connection problem. Please check the URL and Key of the Master site."

In addition, making this work across the 2 pre-specified websites (on the same server) is pretty important. Any update from one of your Dev team on this as yet?

Hopefully we can get this to work with the current setup, otherwise i might need to seek a refund and look elsewhere for a solution - which is a shame, as i thought this would do the trick.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers
    Matt

• Rupok

Hi Matt

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I do apologize for delay in response. We will try to get back to you as soon as possible from now on. I also hope, you can believe this with the current setup but our developer can tell you best about this.

This time, I'm contacting our developer personally about this issue and I believe, he will come up with a solution very soon.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Matt Boden

Hi Maniu

Thanks for taking the time to solve the issue. Makes sense RE: SSL but as this is a development site we're working on, we don't use SSL as you have to pay for the certification. It would be great to be able to override SSL just for the purposes of a Development vs. Live setup, as i can see why SSL verification is important for security. Just something to consider?

Also, could you please advise why the Master site doesn't have Roles visible, but the Subsite does show a user's role. This is pretty important to show across both sites. Would you be able to please review.

Many thanks in advance
    Matt

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Matt,

Also, could you please advise why the Master site doesn't have Roles visible, but the Subsite does show a user's role. This is pretty important to show across both sites. Would you be able to please review.

Where roles are not visible? I've looked in both sites and on user lists I can see roles for each users - Administrators and Members. Please advise.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.