User Sync without multisite

Dear friend,
For 3 fully separate sites how can I use the following plugin?Is there any matter of root/main site like in multisite?
https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-user-synchronization/

If later on,I want to separate a site from the syndication ,how can I do that?

Thanks
Monsur

Adam Czajczyk

Hello Monsur,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The User Sync plugin is compatible only with a single WP installs so it should work "out of the box".

One of the sites should be designated as a "master" site and remaining as "sub-sites". The plugin should be installed on all three of them and as a result users from "master" site will be in sync (will be copied - usernames, passwords and user roles) to the "sub sites".

If you ever switch off or remove the plugin from any of the "sub sites" that site will become a "separate site". That means that user accounts will remain intact and users will still be able to login but if the same user changes password (or other user data) on the "master" site the password (or user data) won't be changed on a "sub-site".

If you remove plugin from "master site" none of the new registrations on master site will be synced (copied) to any of the sub-sites. So, the site's will be still fully functional and users will be able to login but there'll be now user login and password synchronization any longer.

I hope that helps!
    Best regards,
    Adam

Abu Monsur

What a friendly explanation!Thank you very much.I should ask 3 more questions to understand everything clearly if you kindly allow.
    For example-

Site 1-master
    site 2-sub
    sub 3 -submit
    Can a user join via either of the sub sites since I like to show the sign in/up form on all 3 sites?
    if this is ,it is great.But will he remain on the same sub site or will he redirect to the master site ?

How can I add something on the sign up/in form like with the same log in info you can log in our 2 other sites without creating an account ?In this way I will be able to inform a visitor of the other 2 sites

Thanks a lot
    Monsur

Predrag Dubajic

Hi Monsur,

User Sync plugin will only work in one way, meaning that only users registered on your master site will be synced to sub-sites.
    Any users that register directly on sub-site will not be transferred to master site and other sub-sites.

So in order to have same users on all sites you would need to disable signup page from your subsites and redirect all registrations to main site.

How can I add something on the sign up/in form like with the same log in info you can log in our 2 other sites without creating an account ?In this way I will be able to inform a visitor of the other 2 sites

Can you explain this a bit more, where exactly are you looking to show this message, during the registration process or after the user has successfully signed up?

Best regards,
    Predrag

Abu Monsur

Thank you for another nice informative reply.
      ''
      So in order to have same users on all sites you would need to disable signup page from your subsites and redirect all registrations to main site.''

If I do this,what if I separate one site later on?Will existing members can log in separately after the separation done?After registration it is better if they are redirected where they were before clicking the sign up button.

''Can you explain this a bit more, where exactly are you looking to show this message, during the registration process or after the user has successfully signed up?''

Either way is okay for me.Or you may kindly show the way to display during the registration process.

Thaks
      Monsur

Dimitris

Hey there Abu Monsur,

hope you're having a beautiful day and don't mind skipping in!

If I do this,what if I separate one site later on?Will existing members can log in separately after the separation done?

Then all user-base of the separated site will stay intact. Users will continue to have access, only new registered users in the parent site won't be imported.

After registration it is better if they are redirected where they were before clicking the sign up button.
    you may kindly show the way to display during the registration process.

You can use a plugin called Simple User Registration and you'll be able to setup a redirect URL after registration for every site and also use extra fields, descriptions etc.

Hope that helps,
    Dimitris