User Synchronisation - registering subsite users - auto added to master site?

Hi,
I really like the User Synchronisation Plugin and its "almost" ideal for my needs.

It would be great if this plugin could do the reverse action of registering users from the master site to a subsite.

IE: If a user registers on a subsite they automatically get added to the mastersite and any other existing subsites which are linked.

I would be curious to know if this is possible and how difficult this might be to achieve?

Many thanks in advance :slight_smile:

• dekkydog

Hi David,
    thanks for getting back to me, I didn't think this would be straight forward. I was thinking of a work around in the meantime for this, although its not ideal:

* You could have a WP install (a proxy master site) which just handled user registration and nothing else (no content).
    * All subsites (when registering a user) would redirect to the master site for the user registration process.
    * Once registration had been completed the user would be redirected back to the subsite he/she originally chose to register with.
    * The registering user would then be a member of all sites regardless of which they first chose to register with.

Does that make sense? Or would this even work?... just a thought.

• dekkydog

I suppose what I am looking for is an SSO (single sign on) type solution for multiple WP's on different domains. I know there is a few OpenID plugins which would do the job, but I don't want to go down that route.

I have really had a good look around to find a plugin which does this, and the User Synchronization is the closest I've found to a simple solution. Maybe I haven't looked in the right places?

I would absolutely love my original feature suggestion to be added to the User Synchronization plugin as it would solve my problem :slight_smile:

I would even consider a financial contribution to this feature development, but I don't have heaps of cash to throw around at this time.

Would a financial contribution help move this development idea forward?

Or do you know of any other plugin which may solve my problem?

Many Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.