User Synchronization

I have followed through all the steps to setup the plugin, but nothing seems to happen to sync my users that are added to the main site when I select the Sync Users. I see no user information added to the sub-sites.

I assume from the limited description, that this is to sync users from the main site to sub-sites?

Also, is this to happen automatically after it's all setup, or does someone need to run the "user sync" each time to initiate the transfer of the users to all the sites?

• knobby
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Never mind, My install is multisite.

Is there anything out there that will help with the issue on multisite?

I have my ParentSite, and 4 sub-sites. My parent site is the activity from all the other sites, and the Buddypress or bbPress site for everything.

I want my users to be able to access all the sites when they have signed up without having to login to each site individually. I am using membership on one of my other WP installs, and it sort of seems to do this, but the security is just lacking too much for the ParrentSite install due to needing a better system for one time purchases and media content protection, so this plugin won't be usable on this site with the other security plugin I have decided to go with.

Thanks

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

As you noted the sync plugin is for single sites only sorry.

I want my users to be able to access all the sites when they have signed up without having to login to each site individually.

By default on WordPress Multisite all users have a pseudo role of subscriber so they can access all sites on your network. They should be logged into all as well unless you use some kind of domain mapping plugin.

Are your users not able to access other sites?

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.