User synchronization

I am interested in using the wordpress user sync plugin that you offer, but I also use the cubepoints wordpress plugin system.
My questions, is there a way to import all user fields in a way that it updates cubepoints on both blogs?

• friar_ryan

BTW- Any effective solution should be fine. I just figured using this plugin to do it would make sense. Because I already need to synchronize my user data.

If there was a way to regularly update data between blogs, that would be great.

I realize that would take a considerable amount of work though. Because users will potentially be able to earn cubepoints on other blogs, but then I would want that data to transfer back to the main blog as well. Could their be time markers in the sessions to indicate which transactions came first, and then update each blog.

Just tossing around ideas. I have not used the User Sync plugin yet, because i need to upgrade my membership in order to download it. But this sounds like a great idea, but the only way I can use it is if cubepoints update between blogs.

Thanks again.

• aecnu

Greetings friar_ryan,

Thank you for the additional input which is indeed appreciated and clarifying.

Though the User Synchronization plugin may work well for synching users with the main site, it is certainly not capable to merge the data which is indeed needed to make what you described happen.

In addition, it would have to be complex enough to increment the cube points section adding the points together form all sources - now were are at the point of a whole new specialty plugin.

One idea I see that could possibly make this happen is if the tables regarding cube points of the Master site are shared with the sub sites somehow.

Alternatively, you could see if there is a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute and give us some ideas of the possibilities.

Have I sparked any workable ideas yet or have you found a solution?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.