User unable to check out -- item disappears

When a user selects an item in the store, it shows in the mini cart as being there, but when they go to the view the cart it says there are no items in the cart.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Dan,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I checked your website, and can confirm that it's not working, no items in your cart at the moment, to troubleshoot this issue further, I would like to check your dashboard, and it's configuration. Could you please enable support access, so that we could give a closer look.

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Dan

I have checked and can confirm the issue in your site. First of all, would you please go to Dashboard > Upfront > General and provide the google map api key? I am asking because, there is a js error produced for missing API key. As cart is handled by js, so there might be a conflict.

If it still doesn't fix the cart issue, would you please run a plugin conflict test? Please deactivate all plugins except this one and check if you still face the problem. If not, then enable one by one and check which one is causing the problem. You can see the flowchart here: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Please let me know what you get. Also let me know if you use any server side caching like Varnish etc.

Cheers
    Ash

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Dan,

It looks like that is problem with products with variations. I created test product without them and it added to cart without problem.
    I would like to check debug log. To enable debug in WordPress, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it. I would need then to see contents of the debug.log file - so please upload it to dropbox like a service and then paste here link.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.