Username = email

Hi,

With this plugin, is it possible to assign the users email address as their username?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi chris2224,

That really is strange. I tested it initially on a regular WordPress site where it worked with no trouble at all, but then users could even register on that site with those characters in their usernames.

Having just tried the same on a multisite I’m getting the same result as yourself. Strangely, from the Network Admin page users can be added at Users > Add New with emails as usernames, but it doesn’t seem possible from the Site Admin page.

I’m really not sure what the reasoning is for this limitation in the Site Admin creation of users on multisite, but I’ll see what I can find on that.

In the meantime, Batch Create provides for user creation as such. It works through the Network Admin page which is likely why. Would that work for you?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/batch-create

Thanks,

David

• Sue
    • Recruit

Hi David and chris2224

Both Add New Users and Blog & User Creator were originally developed for Edublogs.org. They were designed with in built checks to prevent users from creating blogs or usernames that might cause issues. This is why you’ll see that message only lowercase letters or numbers allowed.

When you create usernames or sites using Super Admin it doesn’t have this same in built checking system and it’s assumed that a Super Admin is aware of naming conventions. Generally it is an issue with site creations where use of things like characters and full stops in site URLs can cause creation of broken sites.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.