Users

Hey,
I have a database of users for my site (standard wordpress). All the users have an email field with their Email in it. I would like for Subscribe by Email to send out the newsletter to these users. I don't want to maintain two lists of users and have confusion whenever an employee is let go or taken off the userlist for the site. is it possible to have Subscribe by email send the newsletter to excisting users?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Marie,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

SBE has it's own subscription list as you already noticed and unfortunately there's no way of using all users registered on your site as this would disable their ability to unsubscribe from the newsletter.

Importing users to newsletter list is possible however, you can go to Subscriptions > Add Subscribers and there you will see Download a sample button that downloads sample import file.
    You can create a list of your users based on that file and then import it in order to add multiple subscribers at once.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Marie!

Changing the plugin to use the main user database would require serious changes in plugin's core code. This would essentially mean changing the plugin and it's a custom coding which would be way outside the scope of this forum so you may want to ask a question for custom development on our "Jobs & Pros" job board here (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved!):

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

That being said, I must admit I don't think it'd be easy task as the plugin was not designed to work this way. It should be possible to make it "look for e-mail addresses" in a different tables but I'm not sure if this would "play well" with other parts of the plugin. In my opinion, it's very likely that in the end you'd end up with pretty much a new, fully custom coded plugin.

by the way:
    How do i disable the ability to unsubscribe?

You could try "deselecting" page in a "Subcribers Management Page" drop-down list on "Subscriptions -> Settings" page but please remember that Subscribe by Email plugin was not designed to allow "forcing" users to subscribe with no option to unsubscribe.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.