Users can close other users tickets?

Hey there! :slight_smile:

I was playing around with the support plugin and saw that users can close tickets they didn't create? i think this shouldn't be possible. Users should only be able to close their own tickets.

Best,
David

• Milan

Hi David,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for then posting.

I tested support system on my sandbox site for this behavior you've mentioned. But fortunately I wasn't able to replicate it. :slight_smile:

I've created two users with subscriber role, then created one ticket by one of them user and then tried to see that ticket as another user. I was not able to see any option of closing ticket.

I think you may have created user with administrative role. Admin role user can close tickets which is submitted by users with other roles.

Advice me if this is not you were tried to mentioned. Also if it is possible for you please do attach some screenshot and bit more info. :slight_smile:

Wish you productive day ahead Sir. :slight_smile:

Enjoy Wpmu-dev.

Best Regards,
    Milan.

• MapSteps

Hey Milan,

thank you for your reply!

You are right. I run a multisite installation and each user is an editor (no admin) on his blog and a subscriber on the main one. So from his backend he's able to close other users tickets. i would like to show all tickets to all users on the backend/frontend though so they can search if their question has already been asked.

Maybe there's a workaround that editors don't have these permissions?
    For admins this is useful of course :slight_smile:

Best,
    David

• Milan

Hey @David,

I hope you are having a good day.

You can easily let all user view and open ticket by tweaking permission settings provided in Support plugin.

You can change permission for each user role via Support > Settings > Permission Settings. Through this you will able to achieve what you want right ?

Advice me if I am making mistake here or cheers if this is solution you want. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Milan.

• MapSteps

Morning Milan!

i have set this up correctly. I think it's more like you wrote before.
    Admins (and unfortunatley editors) are able to close tickets.

as every new blog on my multisite gives users the editor role, they are able to close other peoples tickets. I found out that his only a backend-issue. On the frontend on my main-blog where i display all the tickets, users are not able to close other users tickets.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:
    Best,
    David

• Milan

Hey David,

I trust you are enjoying wpmu-dev. And sorry for being late here. I hope you won't mind. :slight_smile:

I am glad that you tested this behaviour deeply for helping me. I really appreciate your efforts. But I am still not able to see any option of closing ticket for user which editor role. I've attached screenshots for your demonstration.

I think we both are missing something. Right ? Would you please enable support staff login access so that I can dig deep and try to find solution for you. :slight_smile: Leave a message after enabling support staff login access.

With Kind Regards,
    Milan.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.