Users Cannot Register On My Site

OK, so I have run into many problems.

1. When my users try to register only as members (without a blog), they are not able to do so at all. Additionally, Assira ("pick the cats") spam prevention always tell them to repick the cats even if they were 100% right. I think this is more of a sympton of the registration problem though.

2. When my users try to sign up as a blog, the "register" page cannot be found. Truth be told, I can't find it either on my site. I wondering if I did something wrong when setting up WP and BP even though I thought I followed all of the instructions.

Here's my site: http://www.affiliatemarketingnicheprograms.com

Thanks for the help!

Ed Brancheau

• New Recruit

Hey guys,

That worked! However, now I got another problem with Anti-Splog. You see, I tested it to see if I have it set up properly using another IP address and a blog URL with really nasty cuss words that should have easily been blocked but they weren't. In fact, the splog wasn't even tagges as questionable.

Does Anti-Splog take a while to run a check or is it instantaneous? Note that I have everything set to default, the api keys are active and post indexer is installed as required.

Thanks,

Ed

• Aaron
    • CTO

There really isn't a way to "test" it like that. And I would recommend against it as you would be teaching the system false data. Though we have protections in place against poisoning.

The most effective testing takes place when they post in the blog. Also this is not an "adult" filtering system, it is designed to detect true spam which is something that is very hard to recreate manually.

• topracer
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

My splog installation seems to be catching spam blogs, but not spam users. Question #1 - when a bog is deemed high probability of spam, does it show up publically even though it is noted as probably spam, or is it held in que for approval?

Question #2: If you choose to not allow registration including a blog - just user registration, will splog stop spam user registrations? If not, what do you suggest?

• Ulrich
    • The Crimson Coder

@topracer
    Sorry if you did not get a reply earlier. Your message has been overlooked.

Question #1 - when a bog is deemed high probability of spam, does it show up publically even though it is noted as probably spam, or is it held in que for approval?

The blog is automatically suspended.

Question #2: If you choose to not allow registration including a blog - just user registration, will splog stop spam user registrations? If not, what do you suggest?

No.
    I would recommend using the Comment Spam Pack, the newly added plugin stops spam user registration: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/comment-spam-pack-plugin-addition.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.