Users cannot see any blogs in the blogs directory

Users are having a problem seeing the BLOGS directory listings. After some troubleshooting I think I had found what may have been the problem but not really.

I used poedit to change many "blogs" instances to sites. Then I realized that the BLOGS slug was still named BLOGS until I renamed it in wp-config to define ( 'BP_BLOGS_SLUG', 'sites' ); This works perfectly otherwise but users still cannot see the sites listed in the BLOGS directory.

Just fyi, In membership level for BuddyPress pages it is also correct. It says "sites" instead of "blogs" and checked in positive rules .

Also, just in case you may ask, Super Admin/Blog Privacy Settings is set to "Only allow logged in users to see all blogs." Even when set to "Allow all visitors to all blogs" I still have the problem.

I went ahead and Updated All Blogs with the default privacy setting to be sure that wasn't the problem..

btw admin can see all blogs just fine. Wonder if something can stuck in the database? All I did there was optimize all tables.

Can anyone help with this?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya drdave,

I used poedit to change many "blogs" instances to sites.

On what files did you do this? the core BuddyPress files?

Your privacy settings/permissions all sound like they are correct here. You're running membership with BuddyPress then? Any other rules/configs there that may be conflicting?

Let us know.

• drdave
    • The Crimson Coder

I followed this guide http://codex.buddypress.org/extending-buddypress/customizing-labels-messages-and-urls/ only using buddypress.pot file and the newly created buddypress-en_US.mo they recommended.

Membership is run with buddypress. I know of no other rules or configuration conflicts.

wp_blogs tables have a few entries under public. The main site is set to "0" but all the other sites are all set to -1. These are all currently invisible to the users. It seems these settings might have to to do with privacy settings where you want to disallow users from seeing a certain site but it so happens they are all set to to "allow everyone" or "allow only logged in users".

I will like to hear someones take on this if it has anything to do. Either way I will really like to get this working.if possible.

• drdave
    • The Crimson Coder

@S H Mohanjith
    Are you referring to privacy settings or some other setting? I recall seeing a Public or something like that under wp_blogs with minus (-) numbers set for each site in the database that have no access.

As a logged in user I still don't see any of the sites listed in the blogs directory including the main site but as admin I see them all. There are no blocked privacy settings for any of the sites as far as I can see. I checked each site's settings from the backend.

So to summarize each site is set to "only allow logged in users" under admin/options.
    Under settings privacy they are all set to "I would like to block search engines, but allow normal visitors"

Sorry if I missed the obvious.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.