Users can't cancel Pro Site subscription

I have a huge issue with Pro Sites again.

A user today told me, that she couldn't cancel her subscription. Every time she clicked "Cancel subscription", a message showed telling her it is canceled. But if she visit the Pro Account page, then she still have an active subscription, and if she clicks cancel again, then it is just the same over and over again.

I testen this on my own blog, and upgraded with my own credit card. Tried to cancel it, and visited the Pro Account page, but I still got an active subscription.

Please help! You have support access if needed.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Mathias

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

When a member will click on Cancel subscription button their membership cancelled but they will still have access untill their next payment cycle.

Do they have access to the dashboard even after the next payment cycle ? If yes can you please provide us steps to reproduce this issue on our sandbox site.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Mathias

Hope you are doing good and welcome back :slight_smile:

Please check Account History log section of that subsite and let me know if you can see log entry of cancellation. Did the member get email notification of site cancellation ?

I have tested it on my sandbox site and its cancelling and also cancelled stripe profile (see screenshot). However its not changing the button text but its cancelled.

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Mathias

Hope you are doing good and welcome back :slight_smile:

I am sorry to hear its not working for you.

What is the name of this member for whom account's its not working ?

Also is it only member facing this problem ?

Have you setup your webhooks properly on stripe dashboard ?

Can I setup my stripe sandbox credentials to debug the issue ?

Please keep the support access open.

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Mathias

I tested on your website and cancelled the subsite that you create first but it did not cancelled it and I can't see any thing in recent history. I changed the password of your test site user by the way for login as site admin.

I can see its a live site and I can not do much on it. Do you have a staging/cloned site where I can test and make changes?

Also I need to change the stripe account credentials as well. I will use my own test stripe account to see if its issue with stripe account. Because its working perfectly fine on my sandbox site.

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Mathias

We can do testing on live site but it will hurt your site traffic and actual users. Your site may down for some time while debugging.

If its okay for you then I can test on live site.

Cheers, Sajid

• Mathias
      • The Bug Hunter

As long as anything doesn't get damaged or messed up, you can test all you want. I would be great if it could be done in the night time (like right now as it is night i DK now), because then there will only be a small amount using their blog.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Mathias

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Please send in FTP and WordPress super admin login details so I can debug this issue, in following format. I can see you already sent details to Kasia but FTP details are not working for me and WordPress admin credentials are not for super admin, because I can not access network Pro Sites menu.

Subject: "Attn: Sajid Javed"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.