Users can't renew. Membership 3.x - AuthorizeNet - renew.form.php?

Barry and team,

I've conquered the lion(Authorize.Net) and the bear(Migrating users from Amember) but now the "renew" is gaining ground.

Our site is up and live but existing subscribers can not renew. We are using the AuthorizeNet gateway and the user(s) are moved to the AuthorizeNet gateways in the members screen. We have a page set up called "subscriptions" that has the [renewform] shortcode on it. Our renewal and period upgrade limits are both set to 365 days. We have 6 different subscriptions but they are all on the same level with difference terms (1yr / 2yr) and different prices for different people.

When I log in as an existing user who has an active subscription (using the AuthorizeNet gateway) and go to the page with the [renewform] shortcode I only see "Your membership is set to automatically renew" in the current subscription level with an "Unsubscribe not available" button and then a list of other subscriptions with "upgrades not available" buttons.

We need our members to extend their memberships while still being members. We do not use reoccurring payments or anything else that I would think would trigger the "automatically renew" option. We do not offer refunds on membership so I'll manually kill the unsubscribe button (would be a nice option to provide).

I really just need a "renew" button for either 1 year or upgrade to the 2 year subscription.

Please help!!!

P.S. I did add couple of lines of code to renew.form.php starting at line 203 "// Serial_gateway" to see the time left in the subscription. See bottom screenshot and code below. This did not change the issue listed above.

echo __('Your membership is set to automatically renew', 'membership':wink:;
echo __('Your membership is due to expire on : ', 'membership':wink:;
echo "" . date( "F jS Y", mysql2date("U", $rel->expirydate)) . "";

Thanks!
Kevin

• Kimberly

Kevin,

Our renewal and period upgrade limits are both set to 365 days.

What do you have them set as? Indefinite, Serial or Finite? I did a quick look on a test install and it seems the text changes with the term set.

Ok I did a dozen tests on a test install hehe...here's what I found,

i was able to get the renew subscription button to renew by creating a one day finite subscription.

Then I remembered that Membership has an option for this under the Dashboard>Membership>Extras tab!

See pics.

Best,

Kimberly

• KevinDLyons

Kim,

Thanks for digging in to this!

All of our subscriptions are finite with some set for a 1 year term and other set for 2 years. We have the renewal period and the upgrade period limits both set to 365 days to allow renewals and/or upgrades anytime within a year. I just tried moving both of these limits to "1" like you have in the screenshot but I'm still getting the same results in my screenshot on two different test users. There are no options of upgrading or renewal.

I just tested buying another subscription to see if the expiry date extended and it did not. The database writing of the second subscription (id=7) seems like a user can buy any many subscriptions as they want but it doesn't extend their time. See attached.

So, my biggest need is to know how to tell our members to renew.

Thanks!
    Kevin

• aecnu

Greetings KevinDLyons,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.