User's data

The latest update states:

- Logged in users' data are now stored in user meta and editable by himself

If I'm in the profile for the client, I go to make some changes to the users' data, the fields are editable/writeable, but when I go to click Update Profile, it goes back to the way it was.

Though if I change it from Make-an-appointment, those changes are reflected.

I did not understand this part :
- Admin can now edit logged in user data using Appointments records

When I click on edit for the client from appointments, it brings me to the client's profile, I see the client's user data, but its not editable/writeable

Also, is there a "Telephone" and "Note" placeholder that will be replaced by its value to be used in the "Confirmation Email", so the provider can have access to that info when they are bcc-ed?

Thanks!

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

I was just testing that and the changes to my own profile don't save.

I'll ping our developer on this.

I did not understand this part :

When I click on edit for the client from appointments, it brings me to the client's profile, I see the client's user data, but its not editable/writeable

I also see this and will let him know.

He should be along shortly once he's taken a look.

Thanks.

• Hakan

Hi,

I was just testing that and the changes to my own profile don't save.

If you are not a service provider, your data was not being saved. Fixed as of V1.1.2

Also PHONE and NOTE placeholders added.

The main question asked here can be understood better with the line just above:

- Admin (or authorized users) can now display logged in user data on user's profile page

User data is displayed to:
    - Himself,
    - Admin,
    - Service provider if you let him to do so (list_users privilege is required)

User data can be edited from the profile page by user himself only.

User data can be edited by the admin only on the Appointments page.

Why is that so?
    Because you may give the service provider the privilege to display user records (list_users), but editing user data is different. This should only be done by the user himself.

For admin. I might have given the privilege to edit user data on user's profile page too, but I don't prefer to do so, at least not at the moment.

Capabilities need to be handled very carefully and I intend to behave so, to prevent any privacy breach, as possible as I can.

Cheers,
    Hakan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.