Users ends ups as visitors once paid

When i subscribed using membership pro 2 my member does not automatically go to membership it stays on visitor. Please check chat notes for more info.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Orlando,

I tested issue on my MultiSite installation and I wasn’t able to replicate it. I tried with the same PHP version, the same plugins enabled, but every time the status changed from pending to active in couple of minutes.

On your site I tried to use my sandbox account and result was still the same – no transactions in the Billing, only draft invoices.

Debug.log isn’t showing anything that would give us any hint on what is wrong.

In this case I need to escalate this to Second Line Support developers, so they could check this closer and see why it’s not working on your site.

As soon we will have more info we will update your thread.

kind regards,

Kasia

• Paul Kevin
    • Neo

Hello Orlando ,

Hope you are well today. Kindly confirm which membership you are using. I can see there is a free one and a paid one. Though there are no active payment gateways available for the paid membership to work. I was able to sign up for the free membership with no issues, however the paid membership has no gateway, so my account remained as guest. You will need to set up a payment gateway under the Settings>Payment menu in the plugin.

Warm Regards

Paul Kevin

• Orlando
    • The Crimson Coder

no it i have bluehost. it did work at one point. when it did work you had me replace this file zip class-ms-model-communication in this directory wp-content/plugins/membership/app/model is that the only thing that was done to make the plugin work?

• Paul Kevin
    • Neo

Hello Orlando ,

Hope you are well today. When I signed up for the paid membership I was subscribed on that. The zip file only fixes an issue with the email sending. From your transaction log I see all invoices as Draft and a member as a visitor with the membership status as Pending. It seems during registration of the member, they did not select a payment gateway and did not complete the transaction link to their paypal.

For Membership plugin to work well, each member must agree to the billing agreement of the payment gateway, in this case PayPal. And the registration process must be complete from that point on until they are redirected back to your site.

Warm Regards

Paul Kevin

• Paul Kevin
    • Neo

Hello Orlando ,

Hope you are well today. I have checked your site and seen that there are no transaction logs received from your active Payment gateway PayPal. Kindly check your Payment Settings for Membership and ensure you have setup the PayPal IPN and that it is enabled. Once this is done, any future payments that you receive via PayPal will automatically update the subscription of the member to active.

You can find the settings under “Membership > Settings > Payment” . You will find instructions on how to set up your PayPal account that look like this:

This advanced PayPal gateway will handle all payment types, including trial periods and recurring payments. However, it should not be used for permanent type meberships, as here it will display “pay again after 5 years” during checkout.

In order for Membership 2 to function correctly you must setup an IPN listening URL with PayPal. Make sure to complete this step, otherwise we are not notified when a member cancels their subscription.

Your IPN listening URL is: https://yoursite.com/ms-payment-return/paypalstandard

…..

….

Warm Regards

Paul Kevin

• Orlando
    • The Crimson Coder

This has always been enabled. Please help fix this problem of paid members continue to stay as visitors after paying for a subscription. It was working but it stopped working. Support is enabled. it once worked where it reads pending it would automatically change to active.

• Paul Kevin
    • Neo

Hello Orlando,

Hope you are well. I checked your site again, there are no transaction logs from PayPal from the IPN. If you go to Billing > “Show Transaction Logs” yoursiteurl/wp-admin/admin.php?page=membership2-billing&show=logs you will see there are no logs from PayPal. When I check the invoice, I only see 4 in draft under yoursiteurl/wp-admin/admin.php?page=membership2-billing&status=new . I have only found one invoice assigned to the user “billyfriend” which is in the status Draft and has no subscription set up.

Kindly confirm if the users are manually added by the admin. If this is the case, automatic billing cannot proceed. For PayPal to work well for a user, they need to subscribe to the membership and set up their PayPal details for billing to work, manually created users by the admin cannot be billed automatically by any subscription gateway.

Warm Regards

Paul Kevin

• Orlando
    • The Crimson Coder

Please follow up in the ticket, that there hasn’t been any manual transactions, and all the members in your website hasn’t been added manually. You have followed the default workflow of the plugin via registering the users from the fronted, and then hit the subscribe button.

• Paul Kevin
    • Neo

Hello Orlando ,

Hope you are well today. Kindly confirm if its possible to set up PayPal sandbox for this site or if you have a staging site that I can test using PayPal sandbox. Unfortunately I cannot replicate this on my side, so it seems to be an issue with your setup.

Warm Regards

Paul Kevin

• Orlando
    • The Crimson Coder

its working now. As soon i registered this i immediately seen the change to membership. Can you verify it that that part is working?

Can you find out why i did not get an email/invoice to jogmarin@att.net?

Is there anyway you can find out why its working now since Sat Nov 11 2017. Does it take that long for it to work after its installed? I installed it on Sat Nov 11 2017. Do i have to install a paypal sandbox regardless and if so what would the benefits be of creating a sandbox?

• Paul Kevin
    • Neo

Hello Orlando ,

Hope you are well today. Great to hear its working. Regarding the email, under the membership settings there is a toggle for using the WordPress cron or sending the email directly. By default all emails are sent using the WordPress cron as a background task. You can disable this to allow mail to be processed directly.

Warm Regards

Paul Kevin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.