Users getting warning on top of their dash

Users are getting the following warning message at the top of the screen in the dash:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /path/path/public_html/wp-content/plugins/fundraising/fundraiser.php on line 921

• Clyde
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I have to say, given that this is paid support on paid software, the service level truly leaves a bit to be desired. This potential bug has only received a cursory response from a staff member and I actually am beginning to wonder if the lead developer even checks in around here. I have looked on other threads and months goes by with no reply from him.

The advertisement says:

24/7/365 Support

Unlimited support in minutes
    From your WP dashboard
    Ask us about anything at all to do with WordPress

This is more than a little deceiving from what I have experienced.

I am in the height of fundraising season for a Childhood Cancer foundation and this is kind of important. If anyone at all can help me with these issues please be kind enough to respond.

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Hi cgrace!

It is the weekend so response times will be a little slower, but i have noticed an increase of staff in the forums the past few weekends. There was a huge spike in members and threads over the past few months. They are hiring, and just last week i seen a thread where the founder / CEO stated they was going to ad another support person soon!

Arun Basil Lal has given this to the developer, so the developer will usually try to have the fix and / or update when he responds.

He just released a major update to this plugin last week or the week before! He has been diligent to fix these issues as they arise, but to give one person the fix does not help the community out as a whole, So he will be updating the plugin as he gives people the fixes.

But should you not receive an answer soon, i have noticed that the developer will be in live chat Tuesday, 1:pm EST. his name is @Cole

I will be there too because i need to ask a few question, about this plugin as well.

Thanks cgrace!

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Yeah i feeling the stress of several issues too!

Thankfully i have a very dedicated group helping me, but my hands are tied in supporting them, so i feel a little helpless at the moment.

Don't like seeing them stressed! :slight_frown:

But this issue will get resolved soon! So be of Good Cheer! :slight_smile:

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Sorry for the delay in here guys, its just the weekend acting up, Cole is top notch and should be around with an answer asap (way before Tuesday live chat hopefully).

Let me pass him an email as well.

@MTB1701 - Thanks for hanging out here on the weekends. And explaining stuff to Grace so well :slight_smile:

• Clyde

Thanks @Arun, I appreciate the follow up. I have more work I can do tonight so this is not a total bottleneck on the project. I look forward to working with @Cole on it. I know this can be a very robust product with a few tweaks.

Clyde

• Cole
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey Clyde,

So sorry for the delay!! Lets get you fixed up here!

Looks like the plugin isn't finding the right menu object for some reason. If you are comfortable with some simple code changes follow the steps below. This should bring you out of the php error that is causing the warning. Now this might seem like it is fixing it but there is a larger problem to address pertaining to a particular variable not being available when it should be. So let me know what is happening after making the changes.

In fundraiser.php line: 921 replace the following

foreach($submenu['edit.php?post_type=funder'] as $key => $menu_item) {
    				if($menu_item['2'] == 'wdf_donations')
    					$submenu['edit.php?post_type=funder'][$key][2] = 'edit.php?post_type=donation';
    			}

with

if(isset($submenu['edit.php?post_type=funder']) && is_array($submenu['edit.php?post_type=funder'])) {
    			foreach($submenu['edit.php?post_type=funder'] as $key => $menu_item) {
    				if($menu_item['2'] == 'wdf_donations')
    					$submenu['edit.php?post_type=funder'][$key][2] = 'edit.php?post_type=donation';
    			}
    		}
  • Clyde

@Cole just as you state, the warning is no longer visible. Not sure if I stated this but the warning was only visible by "subscriber level" site members. It was not visible with higher permission levels.

I am happy to run whatever tests you need.

• Clyde

@Cole Thanks a bunch for the reply I sent you an email if you could shoot me a reply on that stuff it would be appreciated.

Should I mark this one as resolved (as you said this is not a proper fix) or wait for the new version?

Clyde

• Clyde

@Cole Just wanted to ping you as you did not reply about marking this resolved or waiting for the new version. Which if you would not mind providing an update regarding time table and content of the update it would be awesome.

• Cole
    • The Incredible Code Injector

You can go ahead and mark as complete. I should be releasing a bug fix version in the next 2-3 days. The permission check for the error your users were receiving will definitely be in there. Couldn't say with 100% certainty about the other content of the update.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.