Users have to login to each domain separately

I have the Domain Mapping plugin installed however when a user logs into one domain they are not logged into the other domains mapped with this plugin. Currently users have to login to each site individually.

The plugin's description says:

And, naturally, we've built in cross domain cookie syncing, so your users will stay logged in (or out) regardless of whether they are on your standard domain or their custom one.

It seems to me that users should only have to login once. Am I reading this wrong?

I searched the forum and found several threads that say that the plugin author is working on this but I haven't seen any updates since version 0.3 has been released.

• James Farmer
    • CEO (of WPMU DEV, honest)

Hi MAtt,

Sorry, it appears this thread was overlooked :slight_frown: Did you find a solution or resolve this in another thread?

We definitely developed this for cross domain syncing... and it's working fine on Edublogs for that, so I'm not sure why this would be happening.

Could you provide us with a link / test account, hopefully we can diagnose from that a bit.

Cheers, James

• bepe
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hello,

Same for me... :disappointed:
    If I can speed up the process, I can send you test admin accounts for my test domains on my test server for debugging :slight_smile:
    I'm using the external db auth plugin for my forum integration, but that should not be a problem AFAIK.
    Or is it?

B.

• Aaron
    • CTO

It only authenticates the main site domain and your mapped domain. So if you log into the mapped domain, you will be logged into the main site and all subdomains. It's not really possible to or efficient to do all.

Anyway, we recommend setting domain mapping to use the original domain in the admin area, and you won't have trouble that way.

• bepe

"Anyway, we recommend setting domain mapping to use the original domain in the admin area, and you won't have trouble that way. "

Hello,

could you give me an exact step by step howto? :slight_smile:

I've got test.com as blog root (main blog)
    I've created sample.test.com blog and mapped the domain xample.com to it.
    Now when I try to log in to xample.com, the login process jumps to the test.com/wp-login.
    (however the login to xample.com is successful if I go back... but this double wp-login (first on xample.com then on test.com) confuses the hell out of our users..

thank you.

B.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

If you are having issues with the cross domain logins, can you check or post your wp-config.php files (minus the database connection and secure cookies bits) - entries we are looking for are defines with keys of:
    DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE
    PATH_CURRENT_SITE
    SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE
    BLOG_ID_CURRENT_SITE
    and
    COOKIE_DOMAIN

If you have any of these, then you can usually just comment those lines out, if you're unsure then let us know and we can advise.

• bepe

Hello Barry,

I'm willing to pay (via paypal) for any developer help to sort this out.
    /I've got a test site with ftp access... /
    If you're interested, how can I pm you with the details?
    Thanks... :slight_smile:

B.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.