Users not logged in after Membership Registration

I’m trying to build a custom Welcome page for two different access levels. I’ve created a subscription plan for each of the two levels.

Like the manual suggests, I’ve set up two different parts of the page with protected shortcodes for each access level.

If I visit the page logged in at one of those subscriptions, the shortcodes work correctly, so I don’t think the problem’s there.

When I test the registration and register for one of the subscription plans, I am correctly redirected to the welcome page.

However, I am not logged in at either level, and so the welcome page doesn’t show any content.

How do I make it so users are automatically logged in after registration?

I have tried this using the free gateway and the Paypal Single Payment gateway (on sandbox mode).

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hey there!

Have you checked to see if the user is actually assigned to the membership level upon the registration?

Part of the problem testing with Sandbox is that your site doesn’t get an actual IPN that the user has paid, because they haven’t. Usually this clears up when it’s tried in Live mode (if this is a possibility for you I’d suggest to try)

Would you be able to check to see if the subscription is getting assigned after the registration? You’ll see it in the Membership User list if it is. A screenshot would be helpful :slight_smile:

Regards,

Kimberly

• Studio98
    • New Recruit

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

It looks like the users are getting assigned to the correct subscription and access levels. I've attached a screenshot. One was using the free subscriptions, one using Paypal single payment on sandbox, one using Paypal single payment on live (but free.)

The Gold subscription has Gold level access. Would naming them the same be a problem?

The users are able to log in to the correct subscription and access level of the site.

It really does seem like they're not getting automatically logged in. Is there any setting that would interfere with that?

Thanks!

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Naming them the same shouldn’t be an issue.

I will say you don’t need to use the Free Gateway, that’s only for sites with ALL free access. You should use the single with the price of $0

Are they being logged in at all or can you just not see the content in the shortcode? Check the admin bar for me?

How are you testing? Via another browser when logging/registering?

Have a link and I”ll test my login as well :slight_smile:

• Studio98
    • New Recruit

Hi Kimberly,

They’re not being logged in at all. If immediately after registering I then log in with that account, then the protected content shortcodes work.

But they’re not being automatically logged in by the time they hit the Welcome page.

Try it for yourself here:

http://www.yaraswayevents.com/registration-page/

(Note: The site is currently live, but the membership feature is not, so while debugging this we’ve disabled the login box in the header. To test your login, you have to go to http://www.yaraswayevents.com/wp-admin/, log in, then go back to the previous page.)

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings of the day.

I was doing a regular followup today and found that we missed your last post on this one.

Are you still seeking support on this one ? Please let us know so that we can take it further and assist you on the same :slight_smile:

Thanks for being a great community member !

Cheers

PC

• aristath
    • Recruit

The original poster of this issue is no longer an active member on these forums.

I am marking this issue as resolved.

If however at some time the member becomes active again and the issue still exists, don’t hesitate to reopen it and post an update on your current status.

Cheers!

Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.