Users Not Showing Up In wp-users in phpMyAdmin

I’ve been trying to figure out why I can’t sync my users in multisite to work in my subdomains. I think I have found a clue.

In wp_users there is only me - no users. There should be 129 or 130 right now.

They show up when I go into Users in Dashboard, and they are in phpmyadmin in in wp_swpm_members_tbl but they are not in users.

I think this may be my problem but I don’t know how to fix it.

Got any advice?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Mary,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I suppose that the "wp_swpm_members_tbl" is a database table for the membership plugin that you are using on your site. This is however not a "users table" in terms of WordPress database and it's used just for "internal purposes" of the plugin.

On a Multisite WordPress install user database works in a different way than in case of a single WP site. When user signs up on a main site she/he doesn't automatically appear on a user list of all sub-sites. Yes, such a user will be assigned capabilities equal to a "subscriber role" but won't be added as a subscriber-role user.

An example:

- I've got a site1.mysite.com and a site2.mysite.com where mysite.com is a main site.

- user registers on a main.site
    - user becomes a main site user and shows up on a list there (as a subscriber by default)
    - user can visit all sub-sites but is not a user of those sub-sites

alternatively

- user registers on a site1.mysite.com
    - user appears on a user list on site1.mysite.com but not on a user list for site2.mysite.com an for main mainsite.com.

That being said, could you please shed some more light of what your goal here is? I understand that you'd wish to synchronize users accounts but it would help a bit if I knew what's the purpose of that :slight_smile:

Also, you may be interested in one (or both) of these plugins:

Multisite User Management

https://wordpress.org/plugins/multisite-user-management/

It lets you define default user roles for all sub-sites of your install so when user registers on any of the sub-sites she/he automatically becomes a registered user of the main site and all other sub-sites (being assigned those defined user roles).

Join my multisite
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/join-my-multisite/

It's a similar tool but presenting a slightly different approach. Sub-site admins can automatically add users from across the network to their site and can also put a button on the site so those users could join (register) on their site with just one click if they already have an account on any other site of the network.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.