User's roles don't exist in some subsites

I have a multisite where some of the subsites cannot add users with any permissions. I can add a user but they always have "no role". The dropdown where I select which type of user permission profile to assign is empty.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Christian,

I'm trying to check your site, but credentials that were given to us are incorrect. I'm trying to login and I'm getting error "ERROR: The password you entered for the username is incorrect.".
    Would you mind checking those credentials again and sending me them through our secure contact form?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question :

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Kasia Swiderska
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress network admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Please confirm here that you send those credentials

kind regards,
    Kasia