Trying to get property of non-object
/wp-includes/query.php(2977) 2014-02-11 05:08:39 (50) New
Trying to get property of non-object
/wp-includes/canonical.php(98) 2014-02-11 05:09:38 (4) New
strtolower() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given
/wp-includes/widgets.php(730) 2014-02-11 05:08:34 (100+) New
strtolower() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given
/wp-includes/widgets.php(618) 2014-02-11 05:08:34 (100+) New
Missing argument 3 for wp_register_widget_control(), called in /wp-content/plugins/users-widget/widget-users.php on line 197 and defined
/wp-includes/widgets.php(727) 2014-02-11 05:08:34 (100+) New
Missing argument 3 for wp_register_sidebar_widget(), called in /wp-content/plugins/users-widget/widget-users.php on line 196 and defined
/wp-includes/widgets.php(615) 2014-02-11 05:08:34 (100+) New

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @cry1978,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

I haven't been able to replicate that, could you send me the following please to test?

- In the subject field add "Attn: Jack Kitterhing"
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• cry1978
    • The Incredible Code Injector

ok I sent access

I have debug plugins

The deprecated calls plugin says to change

register_sidebar_widget()
    register_widget_control()

to this

wp_register_sidebar_widget()
    wp_register_widget_control()

it is looking for a string (where can I find this string?) and has an array instead, I guess I replace the array with a string?

There is a lot of deprecated plugins, I found them all and wpmudev is using old coding and it needs to be fixed. This is making my website crash and get white screens from 500 error. the hosting company says the plugins are using to much resources and it needs to get in control.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @cry1978,

Hope you're well today and thanks for sending through the info.

I have tested and confirmed the issue, I've flagged the lead developer here.

This shouldn't cause your website to crash or cause a 500 internal server error, this would be caused by fatal errors, memory limit reached, etc. I did notice you have a lot of plugins installed, depending on your type of hosting, the memory limit could be reached quite easily.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• cry1978

Yes I know it is caused by half the plugins being installed creating memory problems, maybe you should advise people that buy these plugins that they should run them on a vps, or explain just to use the main plugins for the main site

super plugins that must be activated on the main site for all plugins to run right on the other sub domain sub sites. (You can find out quickly witch ones are super plugins by turning on pretty plugins on first, also turn on pro sites and membership) go to the network admin plugins and every plugin that does not have the default image that comes with wpmudev plugins is a "super admin plugin that no one can activate but a super admin) so activate those on the main site.

Make sure you also have "new blog templates" and content copier activated on the main site, so you can have automatic niche sites with or without content.

so now after all that is done you could work on sub sites and activate plugins that are apart of a given niche.

So I am basically guessing without proper design skills on how this should be done, I think I am right so far? lol

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @cry1978,

Hope you're well today.

You certainly have the right idea here :slight_smile: Even though all plugins activated on a multisite on the sub site or main site would effect the memory.

What's your current memory limit set at?

You'll also be pleased to hear we've located all the plugins with the old code and will be replacing that :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• cry1978

I have 256m to 512m

so if all the sub sites combine with add to the memory resource, then how many clients do you think we can have 3 to 5 clients that have there own sub domain or a domain on my reseller web hosting of mine?

I have unlimited everything reseller web hosting, but of course the memory limit is set above.

I see there is a vps unlimited hosting with 300m at dreamhost, I think if I wanted something real with this company is to at least get a 600m.

what I need to know is if ram and memory limit of the php.ini file is the same, I am 99.99% sure it is, but I would like to know from an expert?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @cry1978,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

what I need to know is if ram and memory limit of the php.ini file is the same, I am 99.99% sure it is, but I would like to know from an expert?

The memory is the same as set in the php.ini file, RAM technically cannot be set. As RAM on shared hosting would be shared across all sites on that server and that would be set by the host.

Or you'd have dedicated RAM on a VPS :slight_smile:

For a Multisite 512M should be perfectly fine for running a small to medium multisite (100-1000 sites), depending on plugins, off site caching (cloudflare etc) :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.