Using AccessPress Root Child Theme Contact Form Plugin

Was wondering if the Contact Form widget would work on this site in multilingual mode. Translation widgets being used are qTranslate-X and gText Widget.

Just tried to upload the WPMUD dashboaard to this site and it wouldn't upload, first with a translator error and then with some other error.

I suppose the question now is do you have any advise on using AccessPress Root Child Theme?

Regards
Tim

• Milan

Hello @Tim,

Hope you are doing well and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

Our all of plugin mostly are theme independent. And then one you are facing issues with WPMU DEV Dashbaord has nothing to do with active theme unless there is some plugin conflict. I've just installed qTranslateX, Accesspress root from wordpres.org and WPMU DEV Dashbaord together to see if there is any conflict error or not. But there isn't any. I am able to access all of functionality of all of them,

But I must admin I am bit confused here. :slight_frown: Can you please tell me in which context you want advice for AccessPress root child theme ? Is it setup related or something else ? Furthermore you've mentioned that you are facing error while uploading WPMU DEV Dashbaord to site but its not uploading, can you please throw some more light on this like what errors are you getting or something more detailed info ?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks for being with us. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Milan

Hello again Tim,

Hope you are doing well. :slight_smile:

First of all thanks a lot for your detailed video explanation. I really appreciated it. Your explanation is really quite simple and easy to grasp. Keep it on. :slight_smile:

Now here are question I've grab from video,

#1) Contact Widget form is not translating to another language when using qTranslateX.
    #2) While installing WPMU DEV Dashboard, you are getting error of "could not copy changelog.txt"

Now let's go one by one. :slight_smile:

Contact Widget form is not translating to another language.

This is because our plugin is not compatible in term of multilingual with qTranslateX plugin. As per qTranslateX plugin's Integration guide suggest each plugin which content needs to be translated with qTranslateX plugin requires special JSON encoded file to be created and shipped. As we are not providing any JSON encoded file for making our content multilingual compatible with qTranslateX it won't work well with it.

You need to go with another solution like default wordpress way translating plugin, you can read more about it in this article https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/translating-wordpress-plugins/

While installing WPMU DEV Dashboard, you are getting error of "could not copy changelog.txt"

Can you try direct uploading of files to /wp-content/plugins folder via ftp client ? You'll need ftp credentials. Just unzip downloaded file and extract files inside /wp-content/plugins folder.

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best Regards,
    Milan Savaliya.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.