using addon domain for multisite

Hi guys I have been trying to map a domain using the addon domains area in cpanel. the domain is pointed to the root of the multisite instal and mapped in the dashboard but the server seems to create a domain folder on the server which I delete and still cant get it to resolve.

Thanks Brendan

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Brendan,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

First of all welcome to the club :slight_smile:

Can you please tell me what exactly are you trying to achieve ?

Are you trying to map a custom domain to one of your subsites ?

Or you are going to allow people to use that domain as an option to select while creating a multisite ?

If you want to map it to any of your subsite, then have you made sure that you have followed all the instructions here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/#usage

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• dynamitemarketing
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi PC, I have setup the multisite with the domain mapping plugin as per the instructions. the map setting is "original" and all sites on this network are mine. I need a to point TLDs to the sites on the network.

I would like to do this a super easy way so I chose "add-on domain" method and it does not seem to be playing nice. any ideas?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya @dynamitemarketing

Thanks for posting back and letting me know it works now.

Whenever there are any kind of DNS changes, it takes a while to be replicated through all the ISP's and generally the ISP used to change the DNS is updated last (Personal experience :stuck_out_tongue: lol)

Happy to hear that everything is working fine :slight_smile:

Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.