Using affiliate links in email

I need some help setting up affiliates. I am using Prosites and New BLog Templates.
On my multisite the sign-up for a blog is on a subsite: promo.usingessentialoils.com

I expect that subscribers will NOT use affiliate banners on their sites but rather will send emails to promote our sites. Questions:

1. Will affiliate work ok with this email approach?
2. Is the signup on a subdomain rather than main site a problem?
3. As super Admin, is there a list of affiliate links?
I was trying to help someone locate their affiliate link - but I can only access my personal one even if I am in their dashboard.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey antkat,

Thanks for the question! Hope you are doing well today.

1. Will affiliate work ok with this email approach?

Yup! it will work fine, they just have to make sure that they link to your site with their affiliate referral URLs (ie. yourdomain.com/?ref=user-63)

2. Is the signup on a subdomain rather than main site a problem?

Do you have affiliates network activated? I just tested this out quick and didn't have any issue placing the login and everything on a sub-site. You can use the shortcodes provided near the bottom of the usage guide: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-mu-affiliate/#usage

3. As super Admin, is there a list of affiliate links?
    I was trying to help someone locate their affiliate link - but I can only access my personal one even if I am in their dashboard.

I have posted a couple screenshots illustrating where you can find their aff url and where they can find their aff url.

For you: You can go to Affiliates > Manage Affiliates (see screenshot)

For them: They can go Users > Affiliate Referrals > Edit (see screenshot)

Hope that helps antKat! Let me know if you still need further assistance :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• antKat
    • HummingBird

Thank you so much. I tested emailing the affiliate link and then clicking the link. Although the affiliate link includes the subdomain that I have set up for sign-ups ; when you click it - it redirects to the main site. How can I keep it from redirecting?

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey again antKat,

No problem! Happy to help :slight_smile:

when you click it - it redirects to the main site. How can I keep it from redirecting?

Can you change the "Affiliate Link URL" in your Affiliates > Settings page to the subsite URL you are wanting. I have attached a screenshot to show the field I'm referring too.

Let me know if this works!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.