Using Anchor Points not working

I have been trying to link my Menu tabs to anchor points on the front page. I change them from directing it to "post/page" to the desired anchor point i created. Yet when i save it, it changes back to "post or page" and wont go to the anchor point..... Anyone know how to fix this???

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Don Bannister , I trust all is well!

Would you please let us know, is this question is regarding Upfront theme? In that case, you need to select "Anchor" for a link. Please see the screenshot

Let me know if you are using a different theme.

Please note that you've posted this thread in member's discussion area. If you require our support here, please let me know and I'll move this thread to support forums.

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Don Bannister ,

I moved this thread to support forums so we could assist you properly.

Can you replicate the same issue with all the plugins deactivated?

Would you please grant access from WPMU DEV > Support so I can have a closer look?

Please see the detailed instructions on the link below:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Let me know when you do!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Don Bannister
      • WPMU DEV Initiate

i have allowed access for support!

When i was using the "Upfront" editor i hade the whole site on one page, hence why i wanted the anchor points so when the menue item was clicked, it would just scroll down to the proper section.

Sense our last message, for some reason the site didnt save all my information and content except what you will see when you look at the site.

so due to that i just had the menus go to the desired page where the content would be.
      BUT for some reason when i click on the menu item i want, it stays on the home page and wont redirect to the page desired. And i have changed them all to go to the post/page that i want. Yet it still only goes right back to the home page.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Don Bannister,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I created a new test page on your site, created a menu and linked to another section on same page as anchor and it worked perfectly fine for me. That is, it scrolled down to that section smoothly.

Regarding the second question of going to same page again and again. It seems to be a plugin theme conflict.

I tested it with default WordPress themes (TwentySixteen and TwentyFifteen) and replicated the same issue there too. So its not related to Upfront or Upfront child theme you are using.

Please make a plugin conflict test as described in our getting support manual and then check again. If you are not sure how make a conflict test then follow the flow chart on this manual:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.