Using Appointments+ for a Tuition Teacher

I want to set up Appointments+ for a single tutor with a website. He wants to be able to let his students sign up for:
1. group classes (can a service have multiple slots?)
2. 1-on-1 classes of different durations (75mins, 90mins, etc.)
3. 1-off workshops/seminars for a group
4. let a single student book multiple timeslots for tuition at one go

Is this possible with Appointments+. If not, can you suggest something that would work?

• Ash

Hello @dhawal

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

1. group classes (can a service have multiple slots?)

Please explain more about this.

2. 1-on-1 classes of different durations (75mins, 90mins, etc.)

On fact, Appointments+ is designed to book 1-on-1 services :slight_smile:

3. 1-off workshops/seminars for a group

I think our Events+ plugin will suit more for this :slight_smile: Please take a look at https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/events-plus/

4. let a single student book multiple timeslots for tuition at one go

For that, you need to enable MarketPress integration. https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce/

When MarketPress is integrated, then the users will be able to add as many slots as he wants in the cart and then checkout all together.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash

Hello @dhawal

I hope you are well today.

1. Possible. When you create a service from Appointments > Settings > Services, give a number in the capacity field. If you want 5 users to book same slots, give 5 in capacity fields.

Then you have to create 5 providers for that service. 4 of theme need to be dummy. When you create providers from Appointments > Settings > Service Providers make 4 providers dummy. So they are not a real user account, just create 4 extra accounts with fake email addresses.

4. You need to install and activate MarketPress plugin. Then go to Appointments > Settings > General > Payment Option > Select the checkbox for Marketpress integration.

Then go to Products > Add New and create a product with the appointment shortcodes. This product page will be your booking page.

When an user books from this page, he can add a slot into the cart, and pay via marketpress.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.