Using Appointments+ for meeting room booking

I'm looking to add a room booking function to a few sites I oversee. I tried setting this up using Appointments+ but hit a dead end with the time constraints. For this to work I would need the front end user to be able to determine how long they would like the room for.

I tried adding in time slot durations as Services but this becomes determined by the day's start time (ie I can't book a 9am start for a 2 hour slot if the day's starting time is 8am.

Am I wasting my time trying to use this plugin for this purpose? If so do you have any advice on other plugins for this purpose?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey bazzadonboy,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Appointments+ is more of a one on one appointment solution and it's not quite suitable for room booking.

To have multi day booking you would need to use A+ combined with MarketPress so each day can be added as separate product and this way multiple days can be added to cart in order to be purchased at once.
    This will however still not enable users to have from - to type of time selector.

I tried adding in time slot durations as Services but this becomes determined by the day's start time (ie I can't book a 9am start for a 2 hour slot if the day's starting time is 8am.

This actually is possible if you first enable Durations add-on in Appointments > Settings > Add-ons panel and then in General panel change Time Base to 60 minutes and for Time Calculus select Minimum time based appointment duration calculus.

Am I wasting my time trying to use this plugin for this purpose? If so do you have any advice on other plugins for this purpose?

I didn't have much experience with booking plugins so far so can't really vouch for something like that but perhaps asking this in our Members forum can give you some answers :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.