Using Auth.net (or anything besides paypal) with events+

Hey guys,

There doesn't seem to be an option for allowing payments for events with anything besides Paypal that accommodates member pricing.

After poking around, I found these threads:
- How do I add multiple prices for a single event in Events+?
- Events+, Membership and Marketpress integration
- Events and MarketPress integration

BTW, your threads have no dates or plugin versions, so I have no idea what's relevant on these...

So my options are some weird work-around with marketpress and coupons, edit the Marketpress plugin code, or use paypal...

That is completely contrary to what I expected with this plugin. Why does one WPMU plugin work with auth.net and not others? What's the point of allowing payment for events if paypal is the only option?

There's no way I can use the coupon workaround because that will never be intuitive for a client or an attendee.

Here's what I need:
- Ability to charge for an event
- Guest vs Members pay different prices
- Payment via CC accepted

These plugins are great, but I keep having this issue of one big missing thing that completely screws up the usability of the plugin and makes it useless. Please help me change that perception.

Posted July 19, 2014 6:30PM

• Tyler Postle

Hey Davin,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

The Membership and MarketPress Events+ add-ons were never made to integrate with each-other - this is because MarketPress takes over the pricing, as you noticed.

Another option aside from coupons, that would take a bit of extra backend work and may not be suitable for you but you could create another event that is only accessible to a certain membership level with the reduced price. Then all members can access the cheaper version while visitors can go to the regular priced version :slight_smile: - again, may not be suitable for you but figured I'd throw the idea out there.

Adding more payment gateways to Events+ is something that has been discussed before so I'll move this over to suggested features so the dev can see it :slight_smile: the more user support a possible feature gets the more likely it is to happen.

In the meantime, if you have any further questions/concerns on this just let us know!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.