Using Bigrock.in Domain Reseller Program

Hi,

I wanted to provide custom domains to my users.

I find eNom reseller program is bit costly for me right now.

I wanted to use BigRock.in reseller service

1. Is that Ok to use them? Any Advice?

2. What will be the workflow of users to add domain? Is it like anything below,correct me if I understood wrong
i. User buys a domain from my BigRock.in reseller account

ii. User Copies and paste the IP address of my network in his Domain name servers

iii. User adds the name of his purchased domain in his Domain mapping plugin

Thats it. The user site will now point to his new purchased domain address. Am I correct?

3. Is there any work do I need to do each time to assist users to map a domain?

4. After 1 year I will move my network to dedicated server. So how does it affect domain mapping? What is the best way to add domain to avoid minimum/no down time of user site while moving?

IF anything I left please advice me.

Thanks in advance for taking time to address my problem :slight_smile:

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Aathithyan, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

First things first, you'd need to have some custom development done in order to integrate BigRock.in's reseller service with Domain Mapping. I'm not seeing where there's a cost presently with using eNom though, as you're able to sign up for a free eNom sub-reseller account through the plugin.

Is there a part of the signup process there that's not working as it should?

Please advise,
    Michael

• CatMan

Hi,

I am choosing Bigrock because of their attractive pricing and features which is not in enom.

And I dont want to integrate BigRock with domain mapping as of now.

Users will register their domain separately and point it to their blog on my network. Please consider answering the following...

2. What will be the workflow of users to add domain? Is it like anything below,correct me if I understood wrong
    i. User buys a domain from my BigRock.in reseller account

ii. User Copies and paste the IP address of my network in his Domain name servers

iii. User adds the name of his purchased domain in his Domain mapping plugin

Thats it. The user site will now point to his new purchased domain address. Am I correct?

3. Is there any work do I need to do each time to assist users to map a domain?

4. After 1 year I will move my network to dedicated server. So how does it affect domain mapping? What is the best way to add domain to avoid minimum/no down time of user site while moving?

IF anything I left please advice me.

• Ash

Hello @Aathithyan

I hope you are well today.

1. Yes you can go with any reseller, DM doesn't have any restriction.

2. You are correct. But make sure the IP is a dedicated IP and point to your network site. That means, if an user enter the IP in the browser, he should see the network site.

3. I don't think so :slight_smile:

4. When you will move to another server, that won't take any effect if the IP is same and point to network site in new server. If the IP is changed, you need to give them the new IP so that they can use it.

About the downtime, well, I don't think it's possible to reduce the down time. It totally depends on your server. As long your server is down, there site is down too.

I think the best way will be, first move everything to new sites, as in the last step change the pointer of dedicated IP from older server to new server. It will still take some time to propagate though.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• CatMan

Hi,

I just mapped a domain successfully. I just have one doubt in domain mapping.

mapped Domain - xyz.in

Original Site- xyz.mainsite.com

Now how do I provide sub-domain to the mapped domain ?

i.e subdomain.xyz.com

How to do that? I think a CNAME record should be set in the domain hosting Cpanel. But should the user create another blog from my network and map with CNAME?

Please help how to do this correctly.

• Ash

Hello @Aathithyan

Domain mapping allows to map a domain to a subsite. If you want to allow subsite in a mapped domain, then you have to use Multi Domains plugin.

With multi domains plugin you will add more domain to the network and you can create subsite for that domain. Please note that, if you use both multi domain and domain mapping, you can't use the same domain for the network (using multi domains) and the subsites(using domain mapping).

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.