Using BP with the root blog as a subsite on multisite install

I've been looking through the forums and could not find something that answers my question completely.

Here's my scenario:
I'm hoping to have a main "corporate" page that is used primarily to sell and summarize the company and its goals.

Through the main "corporate" site, people can become users and have the ability to create their own BLOG (as one might expect from a multi-user application). In addition to having individual BLOGs users will have access to a social network powered by BuddyPress to help them promote their BLOGS.

The corporate site should be the main landing page. This is necessary for the type of promotional campaign I'm planning for the site. I want a specific look to the main landing page and it should have a very limited view of the social aspects of the multisite BLOGS and community.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't the BuddyPress site therefore be a subsite of the main wordpress install? I've defined my buddypress site as the Root Blog. <define('BP_ROOT_BLOG', 11 );> and have also, of course, enabled BP multiblog <define( 'BP_ENABLE_MULTIBLOG', true );>

Everything appears to be working but there is a nagging warning that seems to be telling me that my thinking about this is incorrect... On every site except for the one named as the "Root Blog" I'm getting the following warning.

"The following active BuddyPress Components do not have associated WordPress Pages: Members, Activity Streams, Activate." It doesn't appear to be effecting any kind of functionality but I would rather not have the warning there at all times.

Is my thinking about how to organize this incorrect? Is using DNS mapping a better solution than defining a sub-site as the BP root blog? I'd like to say that I'm an expert in all of this but it just simply isn't so. I'm still trying to wrap my head around DNS mapping in general.

Thanks!