Using Buddypress with Membership Pro and the possibility of adds

Good day,

I'd like to achieve the following:

A possibility with Buddypress
1) Have "fans" sign up (maybe even ask subscription for it)
2) Have "vendors" sign up (maybe even ask subscription for it)
3) Have fans pay to have their profile advertised when someone search amongst "fans"
4) Have vendors pay to have their profile advertised when someone search amongst "vendors"

I'm not sure if MP in conjunction with buddypress would help to achieve this functionality - can anyone help?

Thanks
Wzz

• Whoweez

Hi Predrag,

Thank you for the bp-global-unified-search plugin link - works gr8! If I may, I do have one last question to pull everything together for my task:

Is it at all possible to sign up a customer directly into a buddypress group via the Membership Pro (or Protected Content) plugin? This would mean that when a visitor signs up for a product he automatically becomes part of a buddypress group...

The reason for this:
    I basically have a site where customers need to sign up and create profile pages of themselves, their business or service. Site visitors then need to be able to search the site and receive categorized (people, business or services) results. Added features include rating each of the profile pages (people, business or services) 1-5 stars as well as enabling the user to add events to his profile... This might be a bit of an overkill for the standard plugins, but I'd rather just ask someone who works with them everyday to know if something like this would be achievable...

And thanks again for your friendly help :slight_smile:
    Rgds, Wzz

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Whoweez,

You can use Protected Content plugin and enable BuddyPress integration in Add-ons section, protected content registration will be replaced with BuddyPress registration for and after you install this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-registration-groups-1/ there will be another options that let's users select group to be assigned to.

I wasn't able to find any plugin that will do this automatically so if above solution doesn't work for you I think you would need to hire a developer to help you with implementing something like that.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.