Using Cloner plugin on multisite installation

I'm following all of the instructions from "How to Set Up a Staging Environment for WordPress with Cloner - WPMU DEV". When I get to the part to clone to an existing site I get the error message "site you're trying to replace does not exist". I have checked and rechecked my settings. The site won't automatically fill in either as I type.

• Milan

Hello Shawn

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us.

Message has its clear meaning. Site name which you are entering in Replace Existing Site input is not in your network. Which means you are trying to replace site which does not exist in your network. To use Replace Existing Site option, you must have site with name you are trying use as target for cloning. Our plugin provides suggestions when you enter site name to replace with clone, Are you able to see any such suggestions ?

If site is already in network and Cloner is showing you this warning then Would you please grant me support staff access so that I can check in depth regarding your issue ?. You can grant me support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Alternatively you can use Create New Site option to create site from your cloning source.

Hope this helps you.
    Cheers,
    Milan

• Milan

Hello Shawn

Sorry that I did not make it clear how to grant me support staff access in my last post. But first,

The site does exist in my network and NO, the plugin is not providing suggestions

So why don't you create new site to clone then ? If site is not already in network how can you clone your source site to it ? Site must be in network and if it is not you will need to create it which you can do it automatically while cloning if you wish to. Just select Create a New Site as shown in this attached screenshot.

And to give me support staff access, fist you will need to open your network admin dashboard, like this way

Then just go to WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access. to grant me an access. Please see this screenshot.

Furthermore you can read this manual to learn more about how to grant support staff access.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Cheers,
    Milan

• Shawn

I left this problem alone for a month and now I'm desperate. I am using Cloner to create a staging site which I've successfully done. I go through all the steps and am now getting the following message:
    The site you are trying to replace does not exist
    The site does exist!
    Please help me...my client is getting really really upset with me.

I have granted access and will also post this note in the notebox where I've granted access.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Shawn,

I tried cloning your main site to test site I have created on your network but in console I keep getting 500 internal server errors in the console.

Can you enable debug log in your wp-config.php by replacing define('WP_DEBUG', false); with this code:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Start cloning process and this should create debug.log file in your wp-content folder that could tell us what is going on.
    Can you please save it as .txt file and attach it here so we can check it out.

Also, I see that you have Snapshot installed as well, have you tried creating snapshot of your main site and restoring it to your staging site to see if that will work for you?

Best regards,
    Predrag